Sharing Formulations Pvt Ltd is marketing Gemcitabine Injection IP 1000 mg in India.
- Gemcitabine is S-Phase specific.
- It is deoxycytidine antimetabolite.
- Gemcitabine gets phosphorylated thrice and gets converted to gemcitabine triphosphate which competes with deoxycytidine triphostate for incorporation into DNA strand.
- As the addition of a base pair before DNA polymerase is stopped; Gemcitabine inhibits both DNA repair and replication resulting in apoptosis.
- Pancreatic cancer
- Metastatic breast cancer
- Advanced non-small cell lung cancer
- Advanced ovarian cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Soft tissue sarcoma